Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Office Outbreak: Day One

I knew something was wrong the moment I walked into work this morning. There was an odd feeling in the air. Nobody looked me in the eyes, and it was oddly quiet. No one was gathered at the water cooler, or talking to coworkers about what they had seen on TV the night before. They just went about their business with heads down and a few nervous glances out of the corner of their eyes. I headed over to my desk, and then I knew what it was. It was staring me right in the face.



My office had been invaded by miniature public domain imitations of the classic Universal Monsters. The Mummy, Wolfman, Frankenstein's Monster, and what appears to be Count Orlock now perch menacingly atop my computer. The usual assortment of chintzy superhero toys were nowhere to be seen. Frankenstein's Monster and his outstretched arms may signify nothing more than the usual manner in which he carries himself in public, but The Wolfman and Count Orlock are clearly pointing at me, as if to say "you're next!"

A few minutes of searching and I found the displaced comic characters lying in disarray underneath my desk:




Batman was left hanging from some cables, the Joker was crushed underneath a boulder, and while the Hulk's infirmity wasn't immediately identifiable, he doesn't look very happy about his situation.

This isn't looking good. If you don't hear from me over the next couple days, someone call Van Helsing.


[Hat tip to Rik over at The Cinema 4 Pylon]


No comments: